Staff Accountant – Accounts Payable
Location: Columbus, OH
Experience: No experience required
Since our founding in 2004, OBM has pioneered a community-oriented model of outdoor media development and is now nationally recognized by cities and real estate owners alike seeking to implement best-in-class programs that add to the character of urban places. OBM has pioneered zoning changes allowing spectacular signage in fifteen markets (and growing), including Los Angeles, Boston, Washington, DC, Atlanta, Denver and other high barrier-to-entry markets. OBM is a leader in smart city infrastructure, launching the IKE interactive kiosk platform in concert with cities across the United States. In the advertising community, OBM is widely recognized as the owner of the highest impact and most memorable advertising locations in the cities where it operates, and OBM displays are consistently selected as the centerpiece of clients’ outdoor advertising campaigns. Our lasered focus has allowed us to create value for three main constituencies – cities, real estate owners, and advertisers, where we are setting a new paradigm in what we call Landmark Advertising. Learn more at www.ikesmartcity.com and www.orangebarrelmedia.com.
Orange Barrel Media is currently experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our accounting and finance team. The Staff Accountant’s primary responsibility will be providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the accounting department. Their role is to complete payments by processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. They will provide the day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner. The successful candidate will also collect pertinent information for third party audits, help in timely financial reporting and will be the first point of contact for all payable’s inquiries.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Maintaining historical records
- Paying vendors by scheduling check runs and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
- Continuing to improve the payment process
- Assist in preparation of documents for monthly closes of the various entities
- File and retrieve documents as needed
- Provide a pleasant presence and enthusiastic attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Multi-tasker who is highly energetic and does what it takes to get things done
- Someone who thinks outside the box and likes to innovate
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Adaptable and versatile and can roll with the punches
- Collaborative and partners well with others
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com and use “Staff Accountant – Accounts Payable” as your email’s subject line.