Project Manager: Development
Location: Columbus, OH
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management
Orange Barrel Media creates and operates iconic urban media displays that advertisers ask for by name in 17 of the top markets in the U.S. Our commitment to innovation has differentiated OBM as a leader in the Out-of-Home industry and driven the development of our subsidiary, IKE Smart City, a company that is blazing the way in smart city initiatives with our interactive digital kiosk, IKE. We are widely known as a place where people are inspired to achieve success, genuinely like each other, and have endless opportunities to grow. We value our associates and have created an environment of inclusion, respect, and fun. We hire and reward top-notch talent who contribute to our unique culture and shared vision. OBM and IKE Smart City are experiencing momentous growth, almost tripling in size over the past two years, and we start and end each day excited about the work we do together and the new challenges ahead. Learn more at www.ikesmartcity.com and www.orangebarrelmedia.com or visit us on Glassdoor.
As we continue to develop in our existing markets and expand to new markets, OBM is looking for an experienced Project Manager with the ability to work with a wide range of internal and external clients to develop dynamic media installations. The Project Manager oversees a wide range of tasks from initial concept to ensuring timely and cost-effective project delivery, while meeting best-in-class expectations of final fit and finish. The Project Manager works closely with all members of the Development Department supporting all functions necessary to identify, design, entitle and construct unique signage.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage and execute large format signage development projects
- Provide clear, timely communication to internal and external parties
- Support all efforts of the Development team
- Work closely with property partners, governmental entities and utility partners throughout all stages of development process- providing clear and timely communications
- Conduct research to identify permitting processes, develop strategies for timely navigation of permitting, work with internal team to create materials for the permitting process
- Identify, retain, and manage third-party contracted entities, including civil engineers, general and sub-contractors, electricians, utility consultants, and local experts. Ensure that they are on schedule and on budget
- Work with various departments to create materials relating to design, bid and implementation of projects
- Develop and maintain the project schedule through procurement, permitting and construction
- Work closely with Financial Department to establish and track budgets
- Tenacity to drive projects forward by creatively solving problems, bringing resources to bear, working through or around obstacles, and engaging key internal and external personnel. Self-driven and does not need to be told what to do
- Treats obstacles as challenges to overcome to achieve success, rather than as reasons to fail. Conceives of and applies creative solutions to problems that block success. Focuses on solutions rather than problems
- Stays on top of details and remains organized to ensure that the right people are doing the right things at the right times on multiple projects in multiple cities
- Communicates well to make sure people have the right information to move projects forward, and lets stakeholders know when they need to act to head off problems
- Highly organized with strong project-management skills. Able to juggle multiple projects, priorities, and stakeholders. Strong attention to detail, especially in engineering, construction, and permitting documentation
- Rolls with the punches – flexible and versatile to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced “startup” environment
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management
- Professional experience in related field
- Ability to travel throughout the country as projects demand
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Dave North at email@example.com. Use “Project Manager: Development” as your email’s subject line.
OBM is an equal-opportunity employer, and provides competitive salary/incentive compensation and benefits, 401k match, and expense account.