Project Manager: Development
Location: Columbus, OH
PROJECT MANAGER: DEVELOPMENT
Since our founding in Columbus in 2004, OBM has pioneered a community-oriented model of outdoor media development, and are now nationally recognized by cities and real estate owners alike seeking to implement best-in-class programs that add to the character of urban places. OBM has pioneered zoning changes allowing spectacular signage in thirteen markets (and growing), including Los Angeles, Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Denver and other high barrier-to-entry markets. OBM has achieved these results through the design, planning, and execution of one-of-kind, architecturally integrated signage installations. OBM’s goal is to identify and develop media offerings that fulfill the objectives of our city, property and media partners.
As we continue to develop in our existing markets and expand to new markets, OBM is looking for an experienced Project Manager with the ability to work with a wide range of internal and external clients to develop dynamic media installations. The Project Manager oversees a wide range of tasks from initial concept to ensuring timely and cost-effective project delivery, while meeting best-in-class expectations of final fit and finish. The Project Manager works closely with all members of the Development Department supporting all functions necessary to identify, design, entitle and construct unique signage.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage and execute large format signage development projects.
- Provide clear, timely communication to internal and external parties.
- Support all efforts of the Development team.
- Work closely with property partners, governmental entities and utility partners throughout all stages of development process- providing clear and timely communications.
- Conduct research to identify permitting processes, develop strategies for timely navigation of permitting, work with internal team to create materials for the permitting process.
- Identify, retain, and manage third-party contracted entities, including civil engineers, general and sub-contractors, electricians, utility consultants, and local experts. Ensure that they are on schedule and on budget.
- Work with various departments to create materials relating to design, bid and implementation of projects.
- Develop and maintain the project schedule through procurement, permitting and construction.
- Work closely with Financial Department to establish and track budgets.
- Tenacity to drive projects forward by creatively solving problems, bringing resources to bear, working through or around obstacles, and engaging key internal and external personnel. Self-driven and does not need to be told what to do.
- Treats obstacles as challenges to overcome to achieve success, rather than as reasons to fail. Conceives of and applies creative solutions to problems that block success. Focuses on solutions rather than problems.
- Stays on top of details and remains organized to ensure that the right people are doing the right things at the right times on multiple projects in multiple cities.
- Communicates well to make sure people have the right information to move projects forward, and lets stakeholders know when they need to act to head off problems.
- Highly organized with strong project-management skills. Able to juggle multiple projects, priorities, and stakeholders. Strong attention to detail, especially in engineering, construction, and permitting documentation.
- Rolls with the punches – flexible and versatile to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced “startup” environment.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management.
- Professional experience in related field.
- Ability to travel throughout the country as projects demand.
ABOUT ORANGE BARREL MEDIA
Orange Barrel Media is a leader in unique outdoor media that adds to the character of urban places. Since our inception in 2004, we have been creating value for our clients and the public by providing advertisers with creative mediums and using technology to enhance our offerings. We work closely with real estate groups and municipal governments to permit and develop advertising properties that the public finds attractive and exciting, and we have grown our business from large format displays and wallscapes to digital spectaculars and interactive kiosks. Integral to our success is the high value we place on the quality and aesthetics of our work, and our belief that our best-in-class team sets us apart from the competition. Our culture is defined by our people. We are a group of driven, creative, collaborative ideators and doers motivated by bringing possibilities to life.
OBM is an equal-opportunity employer, and provides competitive salary/incentive compensation and benefits, 401k match, and expense account.
Please submit resume and cover letter as one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.