Project Manager, Engineering and Construction
Location: Columbus, OH
PROJECT MANAGER, ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION
As a Project Manager, Engineering and Construction, you will be responsible for the physical deployment of IKE kiosks to your assigned cities. You will manage projects, providing expertise in site due diligence, permitting, and construction to a multi-disciplinary team building our rapidly growing IKE interactive smart city kiosk business. A candidate will find success in this position if they thrive in a fast-paced environment and can successfully juggle multiple, complex projects. Flexibility is a must as our culture drives collaboration and values an enthusiastic “can do” attitude and creative thinking.
IKE is an interactive kiosk platform that connects cities with people through vivid, life-size touchscreen displays, providing an ever-expanding suite of applications that helps them to explore the very best a city has to offer. Your work will be used by tens of thousands of pedestrians every day, helping them to discover and navigate cities, including food, shopping, events, and social services. It will also allow them to share feedback with cities and stay informed about important events.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage and execute physical IKE deployments in assigned cities including schedule, budget, due diligence, and local process, requirements, and restrictions.
- Identify, retain, and manage third-party contracted entities, including civil engineers, general and sub contractors, electricians, utility consultants, and local experts. Ensure that they are on schedule and on budget.
- Figure out and execute permitting, construction and other technical coordination processes with city and public utility entities, typically in the city right of way.
- Understand the requirements of various city and utility entities and disseminate information to the team.
- Figure out and manage procurement of power and data, understanding public and private sources and the nuances of each city’s utility landscape, which often consists of technical, logistical, and political considerations.
- Minimize construction costs by locating power and data from existing sidewalk infrastructure and leveraging relationships with cities and quasi-city partner organizations.
- Assist with IKE site selection by providing insight and analysis on cost, schedule, and logistical considerations.
- Be on site and hands-on as required. Address site-specific issue as that occur during construction.
- Tenacity to drive projects forward by creatively solving problems, bringing resources to bear, working through or around obstacles, and engaging key internal and external personnel. Self-driven and does not need to be told what to do.
- Treats obstacles as challenges to overcome to achieve success, rather than as reasons to fail. Conceives of and applies creative solutions to problems that block success. Focuses on solutions rather than problems.
- Stays on top of details and remains organized to ensure that the right people are doing the right things at the right times on multiple projects in multiple cities.
- Communicates well to make sure people have the right information to move projects forward, and lets stakeholders know when they need to act to head off problems.
- Highly organized with strong project-management skills. Able to juggle multiple projects, priorities, and stakeholders. Strong attention to detail, especially in engineering, construction, and permitting documentation.
- Rolls with the punches – flexible and versatile to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced “startup” environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management.
- Minimum of five-years professional experience in related field. Preferred experience in large-scale or high-volume city deployments of smart city, telecom, or other technology infrastructure.
- Experience managing daily activity of engineering and/or construction teams including reviewing construction documents.
- Experience obtaining permits for commercial projects in metropolitan areas. Experience working with city departments including Public Works, Building, Planning & Zoning.
- Experience coordinating with general contractors including answering RFIs and conducting field visits.
- Ability to travel throughout the country as projects demand.
ABOUT ORANGE BARREL MEDIA
Orange Barrel Media is a leader in unique outdoor media that adds to the character of urban places. Since our inception in 2004, we have been creating value for our clients and the public by providing advertisers with creative mediums and using technology to enhance our offerings. We work closely with real estate groups and municipal governments to permit and develop advertising properties that the public finds attractive and exciting, and we have grown our business from large format displays and wallscapes to digital spectaculars and interactive kiosks. Integral to our success is the high value we place on the quality and aesthetics of our work, and our belief that our best-in-class team sets us apart from the competition. Our culture is defined by our people. We are a group of driven, creative, collaborative ideators and doers motivated by bringing possibilities to life.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com and use “Project Manager, Engineering and Construction” as your email’s subject line.