Location: Columbus, OH – COLUMBUS-BASED APPLICANTS ONLY
Experience: No less than 3 years and no more than 6 years of graphic design experience
Orange Barrel Media creates and operates iconic urban media displays that advertisers ask for by name in 17 of the top markets in the U.S. Our commitment to innovation has differentiated OBM as a leader in the Out-of-Home industry and driven the development of our subsidiary, IKE Smart City, a company that is blazing the way in smart city initiatives with our interactive digital kiosk, IKE. We are widely known as a place where people are inspired to achieve success, genuinely like each other, and have endless opportunities to grow. We value our associates and have created an environment of inclusion, respect, and fun. We hire and reward top-notch talent who contribute to our unique culture and shared vision. OBM and IKE Smart City are experiencing momentous growth, almost tripling in size over the past two years, and we start and end each day excited about the work we do together and the new challenges ahead. Learn more at www.ikesmartcity.com and www.orangebarrelmedia.com.
OBM is looking for a passionate Designer who possesses high creative drive and a knack for problem-solving. This Designer will work closely with other members of the Creative team and internal departments on a variety of projects including proposals, presentations, advertising mockups, sales and marketing materials, creative concepts, and a plethora of non-standard applications of design thinking. A Designer will find success in this position if they thrive in a fast-paced environment where they must juggle multiple projects and possess a positive can-do attitude. Must be able to work efficiently, be flexible, anticipate problems, and tackle a wide range of creative requests both big and small.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and produce presentation materials and RFP responses
- Design differentiating signage with elevated aesthetics and architectural flair
- Create mockups and perfect photo images in post-production
- Design exceptional business development and sales materials consistent with our brands
- Generate design and strategic solutions that strengthen work deliverables, improve processes, and achieve partner objectives
- Ideate and collaborate with other Designers
- Four-year degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or related field
- No less than 3 years but no more than 6 years of professional work experience in a design role
- Proven graphic design skills with a strong portfolio that reflects an elevated aesthetic and versatility
- Very strong level of proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Experience in architectural and/or environmental design in urban landscapes strongly preferred
- Web design skills and experience with WordPress a plus
- Excellent sense of typography and layout
- Versatile and conceptual with visual originality
- Energized by new challenges and learn quickly
- Enjoy working in a team and open to the ideas of others
- Can synthesize and apply feedback with a positive attitude
- Not afraid to share a POV in a collaborative way
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to roll with the punches, be flexible, and jump into unique creative problems with an open mind
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio to Liz at email@example.com and Nathan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “Graphic Designer” as your email’s subject line.
OBM is an equal-opportunity employer, and provides competitive salary/incentive compensation and benefits, 401k match, and expense account.