Location: Columbus, OH
Required: Bachelors Degree (JD or MBA a plus) and minimum of 2 years’ experience in related field (preferably in real estate/finance, public policy or law)
Orange Barrel Media creates and operates iconic urban media displays that advertisers ask for by name in 17 of the top markets in the U.S. Our commitment to innovation has differentiated OBM as a leader in the Out-of-Home industry and driven the development of our subsidiary, IKE Smart City, a company that is blazing the way in smart city initiatives with our interactive digital kiosk, IKE. We are widely known as a place where people are inspired to achieve success, genuinely like each other, and have endless opportunities to grow. We value our associates and have created an environment of inclusion, respect, and fun. We hire and reward top-notch talent who contribute to our unique culture and shared vision. OBM and IKE Smart City are experiencing momentous growth, almost tripling in size over the past two years, and we start and end each day excited about the work we do together and the new challenges ahead. Learn more at www.ikesmartcity.com and www.orangebarrelmedia.com or visit us on Glassdoor.
The Development Manager supports multiple functions within the real estate Development team, aiding in OBM’s development and investment activities, working primarily to establish relationships with owners of urban mixed-use properties and with government leaders to obtain entitlements, including legislation or use variances as required. The successful candidate will be passionate about building relationships, urban design, politics, marketing, technology and travel and will thrive in an extraordinarily fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Development Department has primary responsibility for growing OBM’s portfolio of assets by identifying, securing and entitling inventory in accordance with company strategy
- Site identification and engagement with property owners, including development of proposals and presentations and subsequent negotiation of leases, operating agreements and other documents
- Develops economic models to structure deal terms, underwrite prospective partnerships and investments
- Maintains a thorough understanding of real estate development, public policy and other opportunities and challenges in OBM’s markets and target markets
- Navigates complex regulatory environments through creative solutions
- Manages OBM’s permit acquisition processes, including lobbying (directly and with consultants) of elected and government agency officials, state and local permitting processes
- Overall focus on improving the value of OBM leases and other property agreements by migrating to better forms and improving terms where appropriate
Serves as one of the day-to-day point of contact between the Company and its landlords/real estate partners and governmental authorities. Ensures other key tasks are being met, including:
- Tracking lease agreement expiration and other deadlines, managing renewal negotiation process with landlords
- Collaborates with Accounting Dept. to deliver financial reporting, payables as required
- Collaborates with Sales Dept. to deliver forecasts and other information as required
- Collaborates with Operations Dept. to ensure requirements are met with regard to permitting, installation and construction procedures
- Strengthens OBM’s relationships with landlords and partners through proactive communication and relationship building
- Experience Required: Bachelors Degree (JD or MBA a plus)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in related field (preferably in real estate/finance, public policy or law)
- Candidates are not required to have experience in media or advertising, but all candidates must be eager learn about the out of home advertising industry
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jibran Shermohammed email@example.com. Use “Development Manager” as your email’s subject line.
OBM is an equal-opportunity employer, and provides competitive salary/incentive compensation and benefits, 401k match, and expense account.