Location: Columbus, OH
Orange Barrel Media is looking for a talented architectural designer with a passion for urban environments. As an integral part of our team, you will work closely with both the Development and Marketing departments, balancing creative and technical execution to bring signage to life. A candidate will find success in this position if they thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a keen understanding of architecture and urban environments, and are a strong communicator who can support their ideas to multiple audiences.
- Develop and refine large format sign concepts as they evolve through city approvals and construction
- Inform conceptual designs with knowledge of construction methods and sensitivity to architectural style, scale, and materiality
- Integrate large-format advertising into building architecture and urban environments with detailed mockups
- Review shop drawings for alignment with design intent
- Design and assemble print-ready presentations, design development sets, and permit application documents
- Assist with narratives that support designs according to sign code and permitting requirements
- An accredited undergraduate degree or master’s degree in Architecture with 3+ years’ experience preferred
- Demonstrate strong design abilities in drawing, rendering and technical documentation
- Experience using Revit as a design and construction document tool is required, while the Adobe Create Suite and other 3D visualization tools are strongly preferred
- Great design sensibility and a strong portfolio
- Superior verbal & written communication skills
- Familiarity and experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to understand and work within project scopes, budgets and schedules
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment where flexibility is a must
- Open mind and excitement for unique creative problem-solving
ABOUT ORANGE BARREL MEDIA
Orange Barrel Media is a leader in unique outdoor media that adds to the character of urban places. Since our inception in 2004, we have been creating value for our clients and the public by providing advertisers with creative mediums and using technology to enhance our offerings. We work closely with real estate groups and municipal governments to permit and develop advertising properties that the public finds attractive and exciting, and we have grown our business from large format displays and wallscapes to digital spectaculars and interactive kiosks. Integral to our success is the high value we place on the quality and aesthetics of our work, and our belief that our best-in-class team sets us apart from the competition. Our culture is defined by our people. We are a group of driven, creative, collaborative ideators and doers motivated by bringing possibilities to life.
To apply, please send your resume and a link to your portfolio to Liz Arthofer (email@example.com) and David North (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please use “Architectural Designer” as your email’s subject line.