Location: Columbus, OH
Required: An accredited undergraduate degree or master’s degree in Architecture with 3+ years’ experience
Orange Barrel Media creates and operates iconic urban media displays that advertisers ask for by name in 17 of the top markets in the U.S. Our commitment to innovation has differentiated OBM as a leader in the Out-of-Home industry and driven the development of our subsidiary, IKE Smart City, a company that is blazing the way in smart city initiatives with our interactive digital kiosk, IKE. We are widely known as a place where people are inspired to achieve success, genuinely like each other, and have endless opportunities to grow. We value our associates and have created an environment of inclusion, respect, and fun. We hire and reward top-notch talent who contribute to our unique culture and shared vision. OBM and IKE Smart City are experiencing momentous growth, almost tripling in size over the past two years, and we start and end each day excited about the work we do together and the new challenges ahead. Learn more at www.ikesmartcity.com and www.orangebarrelmedia.com or visit us on Glassdoor.
Orange Barrel Media is looking for a talented architectural designer with a passion for urban environments. As an integral part of our team, you will work closely with both the Development and Marketing departments, balancing creative and technical execution to bring signage to life. A candidate will find success in this position if they thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a keen understanding of architecture and urban environments, and are a strong communicator who can support their ideas to multiple audiences.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and refine large format sign concepts as they evolve through city approvals and construction
- Inform conceptual designs with knowledge of construction methods and sensitivity to architectural style, scale, and materiality
- Integrate large-format advertising into building architecture and urban environments with detailed mockups
- Review shop drawings for alignment with design intent
- Design and assemble print-ready presentations, design development sets, and permit application documents
- Assist with narratives that support designs according to sign code and permitting requirements
- An accredited undergraduate degree or master’s degree in Architecture with 3+ years’ experience preferred
- Demonstrate strong design abilities in drawing, rendering and technical documentation
- Experience using Revit as a design and construction document tool is required, while the Adobe Create Suite and other 3D visualization tools are strongly preferred
- Great design sensibility and a strong portfolio
- Superior verbal & written communication skills
- Familiarity and experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to understand and work within project scopes, budgets and schedules
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment where flexibility is a must
- Open mind and excitement for unique creative problem-solving
To apply, please send your resume and a link to your portfolio to Liz Arthofer at email@example.com and David North at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Architectural Designer” as your email’s subject line.
OBM is an equal-opportunity employer, and provides competitive salary/incentive compensation and benefits, 401k match, and expense account.