Location: Columbus, OH
Orange Barrel Media is looking for a skilled Tax Accountant to provide tax and reporting support for various state and local entities. A candidate will find success in this position if they possess excellent attention to detail, an analytical mind, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare various tax filings: Annual reports, Sales and Use Tax, Personal Property Tax, etc.
- Prepare workpapers for various federal and state income tax returns.
- Prepare estimated federal and state income tax payments.
- Research projects.
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge.
- Assist in federal and state audits.
- Maintain our tax preparation system.
- Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
- Provide an information source in the tax area within the company.
- Other tax projects as they arise.
- Assist in financial planning and analysis.
- Assist in other accounting matters as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Combination of public accounting and/or industry experience working with state and local taxes is preferable, two to four years.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office.
ABOUT ORANGE BARREL MEDIA
Orange Barrel Media is a leader in unique outdoor media that adds to the character of urban places. Since our inception in 2004, we have been creating value for our clients and the public by providing advertisers with creative mediums and using technology to enhance our offerings. We work closely with real estate groups and municipal governments to permit and develop advertising properties that the public finds attractive and exciting, and we have grown our business from large format displays and wallscapes to digital spectaculars and interactive kiosks. Integral to our success is the high value we place on the quality and aesthetics of our work, and our belief that our best-in-class team sets us apart from the competition. Our culture is defined by our people. We are a group of driven, creative, collaborative ideators and doers motivated by bringing possibilities to life.
To apply, please send your resume to Chad Truitt (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please use “Tax Accountant” as your email’s subject line.