Location: Columbus, OH
As a Software Developer at Orange Barrel Media, you will be on the ground floor of a team that is leading the growth of innovative state-of-the-art interactive kiosks. IKE Smart City is an exciting communication platform being deployed in urban downtown areas nationwide. IKE connects cities with residents and visitors through a series of vivid, life-size touchscreen displays, providing an ever-expanding suite of applications that help people explore the very best a city has to offer. Your work will be used by tens of thousands of pedestrians every day, helping them to navigate, eat, shop, play, and stay, and allowing them to share feedback with cities and stay informed about important services and events. Come join our growing team and help build the Midwest’s next great tech company. The possibilities are endless.
OUR TECH STACK
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and develop web applications for the IKE Smart City platform
- Help to define and implement the IKE platform’s feature set to best meet the needs of multiple cities
- Help to define and implement how the IKE platform integrates with mobile
- Play an instrumental role in scaling the technology from its initial implementation to thousands of units in cities nationwide
- Play an instrumental role in defining how Orange Barrel Media does software development
- Help establish Orange Barrel Media as a best place to work for the most talented software developers
- Four-year computer science or engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years full-stack development experience
- Passion for building new things, processes, and culture
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, customer-driven environment
- Ruby on Rails experience preferred
ABOUT ORANGE BARREL MEDIA
Orange Barrel Media is a leader in unique outdoor media that adds to the character of urban places. Since our inception in 2004, we have been creating value for our clients and the public by providing advertisers with creative mediums and using technology to enhance our offerings. We work closely with real estate groups and municipal governments to permit and develop advertising properties that the public finds attractive and exciting, and we have grown our business from large format displays and wallscapes to digital spectaculars and interactive kiosks. Integral to our success is the high value we place on the quality and aesthetics of our work, and our belief that our best-in-class team sets us apart from the competition. Our culture is defined by our people. We are a group of driven, creative, collaborative ideators and doers motivated by bringing possibilities to life.
To apply, please send your resume and a link to your Github account, or other examples of your work, to email@example.com. Please use “Software Developer” as your email’s subject line.