Project Manager: Construction Services
Location: Columbus, OH
PROJECT MANAGER: CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
Since our founding in Columbus in 2004, OBM has pioneered a community-oriented model of outdoor media development, and are now nationally recognized by cities and real estate owners alike seeking to implement best-in-class programs that add to the character of urban places. OBM has pioneered zoning changes allowing spectacular signage in thirteen markets (and growing), including Los Angeles, Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Denver and other high barrier-to-entry markets. OBM has achieved these results through the design, planning, and execution of one-of-kind, architecturally integrated signage installations. OBM’s goal is to identify and develop media offerings that fulfill the objectives of our city, property and media partners. Recognizing the needs of those partners, OBM has developed and implemented interactive digital kiosks that provide communities with a powerful two-way communication tool and a dynamic pedestrian oriented media offering for advertisers. In addition to the continued development of large format media, OBM is diligently and aggressively developing a nationwide footprint for this cutting technology.
As we continue to develop in our existing markets and expand to new markets, OBM is looking for an experienced Project Manager with expertise in the management of construction projects- specifically with experience in civil projects with a high level of interaction with governmental agencies.
The primary role of the Project Manager is to oversee a wide range of construction projects ensuring timely and cost effective completion, while meeting best-in-class expectations of final fit and finish. The Project Manager works closely with all members of the Development Department supporting all functions necessary to identify, design, entitle and construct unique signage.
- Works closely with property partners, governmental entities and utility partners throughout all stages of development process- providing clear and timely communications
- Works with internal and external teams to identify and develop kiosk deployment sites
- Conducts research to identify permitting processes and develops strategies for timely navigation of permitting schedule
- Works with Development team to establish initial project scope and cost parameters
- Develops and maintains the project schedule through procurement, permitting and construction
- Works closely with other departments to create necessary materials for the procurement, permitting and construction process
- Coordinates with outside engineers and display vendors to facilitate structural and electrical design of the project
- Leads the procurement and contracting phase of our development projects in coordination with the project schedule
- Manages vendors and subcontractors to ensure execution of their contractual obligations and adherence to the construction schedule
- Works closely with Financial Department to establish and track budgets
- Provides regular project reports and schedule updates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of five-years experience in related field
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Experience permitting commercial projects in metropolitan areas
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal direction
- Proven attention to detail, accuracy and documentation of work
- Self-motivated with a preference for working in a team environment
ABOUT ORANGE BARREL MEDIA
Orange Barrel Media is a leader in unique outdoor media that adds to the character of urban places. Since our inception in 2004, we have been creating value for our clients and the public by providing advertisers with creative mediums and using technology to enhance our offerings. We work closely with real estate groups and municipal governments to permit and develop advertising properties that the public finds attractive and exciting, and we have grown our business from large format displays and wallscapes to digital spectaculars and interactive kiosks. Integral to our success is the high value we place on the quality and aesthetics of our work, and our belief that our best-in-class team sets us apart from the competition. Our culture is defined by our people. We are a group of driven, creative, collaborative ideators and doers motivated by bringing possibilities to life.
OBM is an equal-opportunity employer, and provides competitive salary/incentive compensation and benefits, 401k match, and expense account.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter as one PDF to email@example.com.