Location: Columbus, OH
Orange Barrel Media is looking for a talented Architectural Designer with a passion for urban environments. As an integral part of our team, you will work closely with both the Real Estate Development and Creative departments, balancing creative conception and technical execution. A candidate will find success in this position if they thrive in a fast-paced environment where they must juggle multiple projects simultaneously. This Architectural Designer needs to be fast and flexible, anticipate problems, and tackle a wide range of creative requests both big and small. Join our team and rapidly growing business — the possibilities here are endless.
- Work with the Real Estate Development team to refine sign concepts as they evolve through city approvals and construction
- Design and assemble print-ready presentations and design development sets
- Review shop drawings for alignment with design intent
- Collaborate with Graphic Designers to integrate large-format advertising into building architecture
- Inform conceptual designs with knowledge of construction methods and sensitivity to architectural style, scale, and materiality
- Produce internal materials that are consistent with the Orange Barrel brand
- 4-year architecture degree required; 1–3 years of professional experience preferred
- Ability to produce 3D models and renderings
- Strong level of proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Familiarity and experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Great design sensibility and a strong portfolio
- Ability to communicate, present, and sell ideas
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment where flexibility is a must
- Open mind and excitement for unique creative problem-solving
ABOUT ORANGE BARREL MEDIA
Orange Barrel Media is a leader in unique outdoor media that adds to the character of urban places. Since our inception in 2004, we have been creating value for our clients and the public by providing advertisers with creative mediums and using technology to enhance our offerings. We work closely with real estate groups and municipal governments to permit and develop advertising properties that the public finds attractive and exciting, and we have grown our business from large format displays and wallscapes to digital spectaculars and interactive kiosks. Integral to our success is the high value we place on the quality and aesthetics of our work, and our belief that our best-in-class team sets us apart from the competition. Our culture is defined by our people. We are a group of driven, creative, collaborative ideators and doers motivated by bringing possibilities to life.
To apply, please send your resume and a link to your portfolio to Yumna Siddiqi (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Stefanie Dever (email@example.com). Please use “Architectural Designer” as your email’s subject line.